Victory Gardens holistic approach and intention is to transform urban and suburban environments into food focused ecological landscapes which are beneficial to those who inhabit them. These landscapes are functional, beautiful, productive and sustainable.
Victory Gardens designs and builds gardens for restaurants, businesses, community’s insitutions and residential clients, provides one on one and group education to individual, businesses and public and private schools and offers organic maintenance services for food and fruit gardens and perennial landscapes
Design & build
We design & build custom gardens for all types of spaces. Book a consultation to explore the options for your space.
Victory Gardens offers education for all levels of experience and context. We will develop a custom plan for your needs.
Victory Gardens expertly and organically maintains vegetable and fruit gardens and perennial landscapes.
Victory Gardens is a Vancouver based worker cooperative founded in 2012 that is motivated to transform landscapes to become productive, beneficial and beautiful.
Our model removes the barriers to all types of production, such as: Annual vegatable, perennial fruit and berry, pollinator, native and xeriscaped gardens and ensures the gardens thrive through education and maintenance. All garden activities are organic and are intentionally focused on ensuring continuity with existing landscapes and adding to local biodiversity.
Keep in touch
Our goal is to design holistic, abundant & productive gardens that are accessible to people of all levels of skill & commitment.
‣ Work with Victory Gardens
Seasonal Food Grower, Educator, Landscaper
Victory Gardens needs your help! We are looking for fellow plant and food comrades to join our team and help people design, build and maintain productive, sustainable and beneficial landscapes. In addition, we’re excited to connect with folks inspired to share knowledge with individuals and organizations to become more self-sufficient.
Are you a person who is committed to creating a positive impact towards a more sustainable food system? Are you driven to provide an opportunity for people to connect to their food source in a fun and accessible way? Do you want to work in an environment that is meaningful and innovative? We feel you! By joining the team at VG, you’ll not only be playing an active role in making Vancouver more healthy and sustainable, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and driven team while getting hands-on experience with a growing social enterprise in an environment that is team-focused, supportive and spreads a positive message!
We’re looking for stellar folks to build, maintain and educate in edible, productive and beneficial gardens in Vancouver, BC. You will have the opportunity to build organic vegetable gardens in all kinds of spaces, maintain ecological landscapes and grow food in our region. Not to mention you’ll get to work outside all summer long! Who needs the gym?
About Victory Gardens:
WE HELP YOU GROW FOOD: We build. We teach. We grow.
Victory Gardens is a Vancouver based worker cooperative founded in 2012 that is motivated to transform landscapes to become productive, beneficial and beautiful. Our model removes the barriers to all types of production, such as: Annual vegetable, perennial fruit and berry, pollinator, native and xeriscaped gardens and ensures the gardens thrive through education and maintenance. All garden activities are organic and are intentionally focused on ensuring continuity with existing landscapes and adding to local biodiversity.
- Maintain residential and commercial landscapes utilizing holistic practices which includes:
- Pruning and limbing
- Amending soil
- Pest Management
- Possibility of design
Expert Food Grower:
- Plan, plant and maintain organic food gardens which includes:
- Potential to manage relationship with clients and gardens over time
- Plan food garden schedule and execute planting of both seeds and starts
- Strategize and foresee opportunities to improve gardens infrastructure, productivity, etc.
- Pest and disease diagnosis and management
- Assist with the delivery/pick-up of all inputs necessary for installations
- Provide manual labour to move a variety of materials including: Wood, garden beds, rock, soil
- Ensure tools and supplies are organized
- Ensure job sites are tidy through-out installation
Building Garden Infrastructure:
- Potential to assist carpenter with sanding and staining beds
Operational Duties Including:
- Potentially taking inventory at headquarters
- Restocking and tidying at headquarters
- Watering the greenhouse
What We’re Looking For::
- Exceptional attitude and interest in working alone and with a team
- Enjoys working outdoors (and has good rain gear!)
- Physically capable and okay with regular heavy lifting
- Self-starter attitude and exceptional time management skills
- Flexibility and openness to adapt to an ever-changing schedule
- Professional and reliable
- Experience growing food in an urban or rural environment
- Some landscaping experience (lawn maintenance not required)
- Comfortable driving a truck
- $21/hr to start
- February or March (pending weather) start until the season slows between July and September, with possibility of full time hours during busiest periods (32-40 hrs approx)
- Longer days are common, with an averaging agreement in place to minimize over-time
- Preference to those with flexible working schedules to accommodate for changing workload
- Potential for access to benefits after 3 months of full-time employment
- Class 5 license is required and a vehicle is an asset
How to Apply:
- Submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line: VG Job Application to team(at)victorygardensvancouver.ca, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
‣ Volunteer with Victory Gardens
Please email Maxim for Volunteer Inquiries!
Have a question or comment for us? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
Monday – Friday 9am–5pm